Ready for my best budget travel tips? I love to travel, but it can cost a lot if you don’t do your research and plan ahead. In this video I share 7 simple travel budget tips that can save you lots of money on any type of trip!
- Make room in your budget for traveling! Even if you just save a small amount every month, this will mean you have money saved up so you can fully enjoy your trip and don’t have to worry about paying it back later.
- Set a top line budget. Knowing roughly how much the type of trip you’d like to do is going to cost will help you save, plan and stay motivated.
- Pick 1-2 key activities/things to splurge on. If you have a few things you’d fully like to enjoy, make sure to treat yourself to them and save on other things.
- Research the best transport. This is usually a combination of transport modes, but finding the right mix for your trip can save you some serious money!
- Choose the right accommodation. I often do a blend between camping, airbnb, hostels and staying with friends/family.
- Budget for food, drinks and snacks. It will be more expensive than staying home, so make sure to bring snacks, lunches and cook yourself from time to time to stretch your travel budget.
- Chat to the locals. Some of my best travel memories are unexpected chats with locals who have shown us around and made the trip that much more memorable (and budget friendly)!